What is a Certified Pedorthist (C. Ped)?
Pedorthics is the design, manufacture, modification and/or fit of footwear, including shoes, orthotics and foot devices, to prevent or alleviate foot problems caused by disease, congenital defect, overuse or injury.
To summarize, pedorthists are highly trained professionals in the design, fit and function of shoes and orthotics. They are experts in foot related care. Pedorthists practice both the “science and art” of making feet comfortable. Proper shoes and orthotics should not only fit your feet but also your lifestyle. We work with your Physician, Podiatrist, Physical Therapist, Chiropractor, and other Medical Professionals filling their footwear referrals and/or prescriptions.
Health, Comfort, Performance
At our three New Balance stores we focus all of our efforts to ensure optimal foot health, comfort and performance in your running, walking, or everyday shoes. So even if you do not consider yourself an athlete our services can improve your quality of life.
Our C.Ped’s are specialized in the retail and clinical realm of pedorthics focusing on fitting you into the right shoes to achieve optimal fit. For patients wearing a hard to fit orthotic or brace, please ask to make an appointment with one of our Certified Pedorthist so we can help you find the right shoes! Our Certified Pedorthists are also experienced in fitting children.
- Foot beds, foot bed modifications, pedorthic modalities, compression hosiery, extra-depth footwear
- Wear orthotics, MAFO’s, Ritchie brace? Our C.Ped’s are experienced finding the right shoe to accommodate all of the above
- We offer the premium line of New Balance running, walking, and training shoes, Aravon dress and casual shoes for women, as well as, Dunham boots, casual and dress shoes for men, performance apparel, and accessories
- Gait evaluations
- Foot Fit Clinics for community, schools, and businesses
- Running events such as Main Street Mile, Delaware Distance Classic, Healthy Kids Running Series
- Facilities for group meetings and /or presentations
- Team sales (running or racing shoes, baseball, lacrosse, field hockey, track and cross country spikes, service shoes with a slip resistant bottom, and industry shoes that require a steel toe.)
- Training and health clinics for runners and walkers